Friday, July 6, 2012

Easy Oscilloscope

If you haven't already shopped around, you should know, oscilloscopes are pretty expensive. As an engineer , in school, I don't have a lot of money. However, I know a thing or two about electronics. I have portable computing devices that can run apps that also allow it to function as an oscilloscope; that's a $4 app to a $500 oscilloscope. The only problem is, it's more than a little difficult to mate whatever I'm testing with my tablet. That's where this little device comes in.
It's a regulator for the line in jack. It works off of 3 components, two diodes and a potentiometer, to set the voltage in. I'm almost done with the device, and I plan on publishing the ectchable pdf and parts list. If anyone knows what the max voltage for a line in device is please let me know, so that I can get the appropriate parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment