Thursday, April 12, 2012

DubStep. Food for thought.

2 days ago, I was sitting in my Calc class and one of my colleagues handed me his iPod and asked me to plug it into the new room's speaker system to test it out with some dubstep. But rather quickly the teacher came down on us. That night in the shower, a thought crossed my mind. The speakers weren't wireless, but they did have wires. I wondered if it would be possible to modulate the audio signal from the iPod with a low frequency, high amplitude, carrier wave, send that signal through the air to the wire where it would then induce a signal that would be amplified and played by the speakers. It makes sense, I've been able to achieve a similar effect with radios and short range transmitters, so why shouldn't it work over a larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment